Wednesday, February 29, 2012

20 Months Old!


Kambri is growing up way too fast! I wanted to take a minute and write down all the things that I want to remember at this age before she gets any older!

Her favorite things to do right now: She loves building big towers with blocks, coloring, she loves reading books, she is kind of obsessed with putting puzzles together. She loves to take care of her babies, she feeds them and wraps them up in blankets and pushes them around in a stroller. She still loves anything that has to do with Mickey Mouse, Goofy is her favorite. She loves to play ring around the rosie and pat-a-cake.

The things that she is saying right now: She has actually been talking pretty good lately, she is starting to say and recognize colors. She tries to count to 10 with us and say the next number.  We've been practicing the abc's with her and she'll say them with you and sometimes she'll even say the next letter.  Her new thing lately is to come give you a hug and say "I'm sorry" whenever she thinks she hurts you. She is learning so many new words right now and it was kind of a sad/happy moment when I realized we were having conversations. 

Things to remember:  She calls Goofy, "Gooky!" One night when she was sleeping Jordan went to check on her to make sure she was covered with blankets and she was in her bed asleep saying "Goooky....Goooky." I guess we know what she dreams about! ha :)
 She is afraid of bobby pins. I don't know what it is about seeing a bobby pin on the floor but she freaks out and says "ew" and won't go near it.

She has cousins named Jaden which we all call "J", Kasen  "K" and Tycen "T".  Whenever she is saying the abc's and we get to those letters she shouts out their names.  

I was in her room playing with her and one of her babies was sitting in the little high chair, she took it out and laid it down and told it to "share" and then put another baby in the high chair! 
She likes to laugh and put her hands over her mouth.  
She doesn't really like to sit in her high chair anymore, she'd rather just stand up on a chair at the table.
She is always turning the dishwasher on and it drives me crazy. She'll look at me after she does it and point her little finger back and forth and say "no, no, no, Kambri," which makes me laugh and so she thinks it's funny!  
Whenever I'm in the kitchen making dinner or doing the dishes she goes and gets her pillow and blanket and lays there watching me.
She seems to always be right by my side when I open the fridge. Today I didn't know that she had grabbed the box of butter, next thing I knew she had one whole cube unwrapped and was working on another one. Stinker! 

Her personality: She is pretty shy until she warms up to you, she loves to laugh and smile, she loves giving kisses, she is pretty sensitive...she was watching Bambi the other day and she could tell that Bambi was sad and so she started to get sad. I asked her what was the matter and she said "Bambi sad." 
She tries to throw tantrums and has recently started screaming! We've told her that if she needs help or wants something she has to say please! So usually after she screams and nobody pays attention to her, then she'll finally come up to us and say "pease, pease" (please)!


 Lately I found that I have only been taking pictures with my phone, which is dumb because my phone doesn't take good pictures at all.
Here she is laying in the kitchen while I was doing the dishes.

She looks so much older when I do her hair in pig tails
I looked over at her and she was giving Goofy a drink and I thought it was cute! :)


We sure love you Kambri!

2 comments:

Van Sickle's said...

I sure love Kambri too! She's the cutest kid. I love the part where she talks in her sleep about goofy. They're best buds. She's just like her dad when it comes to talking in her sleep. haha

nelsons said...

she is sooo adorable! if only disneyland was closer we could all go together!