Its been about a week since we have been in Indiana. It was the longest drive of our lives! Of course you all know how good I am with directions that we made without any problems!!! hahaha yeaaah right. Lacey about kicked me out of the car a couple of times because we back tracked a tad! a Tad Jordan! you drove almost a sixth of the way across the country in the WRONG direction.......!!! We drove about 3 extra hours because on the map it looked like it would be a short cut, but we ended up driving through every Podunk town in Nebraska. haha
We made it all the way to Illinois without the flashing lights behind us......until I pulled a Grandpa Mecham... I decided to stay in the left lane cause there were white tail deer on the right side and there were so many diesels in the right lane that I got sick of getting back over. It was about 2 o'clock in the morning and we thought that we were going to drive all the way to fort Wayne that morning but as we continued down the road I saw red and blue lights flashing in the rear view mirrors. I was like... you have got to be kidding me. its 2 o' clock in the morning and i was going the speed limit what in the heck is he pulling me over for. Well, it turns out that you can get a left lane violation!!! I had never heard of such a thing especially since we were the only ones that were driving in the left lane for about two states!!! haha. Luckily the cop liked people from Utah and he let us off the hook. He gave us a warning. Indiana is a lot different than what we have grown accustomed to in the past couple of years. Lacey is realizing that there is life beyond Utah!!! haha. As each day passes we are growing more accustomed to it. It is really green out here and there are a lot of really good people. We live REALLY close to the Mall and Wally world so that is nice. We live in pretty nice apartments.
Saturday night we went to the new Indiana Jones movie which by the way is ridiculous. Save yourself the money and go to another movie. today has been really humid. it feels like you are always sweating. I work from 2-9:30, but I am gone from 11 to 10 everyday. Lace has gotten to know a lot of the other wives that are here with us. While I was out working they all got together and had a party!!!
The sales part of it has been really good. It has been a humbling experience!!!! haha sometimes i will start talking to a person and forget everything that i had just said and they will look at me like... aren't you going to say anything else... i have been yelled at a few times by people telling me to get off of there door steps, but i have also been blessed to sell a few. Life is good and we hope that you like the pictures and have a good week.
We made it all the way to Illinois without the flashing lights behind us......until I pulled a Grandpa Mecham... I decided to stay in the left lane cause there were white tail deer on the right side and there were so many diesels in the right lane that I got sick of getting back over. It was about 2 o'clock in the morning and we thought that we were going to drive all the way to fort Wayne that morning but as we continued down the road I saw red and blue lights flashing in the rear view mirrors. I was like... you have got to be kidding me. its 2 o' clock in the morning and i was going the speed limit what in the heck is he pulling me over for. Well, it turns out that you can get a left lane violation!!! I had never heard of such a thing especially since we were the only ones that were driving in the left lane for about two states!!! haha. Luckily the cop liked people from Utah and he let us off the hook. He gave us a warning. Indiana is a lot different than what we have grown accustomed to in the past couple of years. Lacey is realizing that there is life beyond Utah!!! haha. As each day passes we are growing more accustomed to it. It is really green out here and there are a lot of really good people. We live REALLY close to the Mall and Wally world so that is nice. We live in pretty nice apartments.
Saturday night we went to the new Indiana Jones movie which by the way is ridiculous. Save yourself the money and go to another movie. today has been really humid. it feels like you are always sweating. I work from 2-9:30, but I am gone from 11 to 10 everyday. Lace has gotten to know a lot of the other wives that are here with us. While I was out working they all got together and had a party!!!
The sales part of it has been really good. It has been a humbling experience!!!! haha sometimes i will start talking to a person and forget everything that i had just said and they will look at me like... aren't you going to say anything else... i have been yelled at a few times by people telling me to get off of there door steps, but i have also been blessed to sell a few. Life is good and we hope that you like the pictures and have a good week.
1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear that you made it. I feel for you, I know all about that long drive. I have family in KY, TN, OH, MI, good thing we usually took the plane instead. I can't believe you tried to take a shortcut, JORDAN! I'm so glad that you guys have a blog, it will be fun to hear from you in the Eastern states. Have fun in the humidity this summer;) Love ya!
Post a Comment