The other day we went to Yankee Meadows fishing. Yankee Meadows is in between brian head and parowan. It is a beautiful place, but I can't say much about the fishing. The whole day I only saw like 5 fish jump and I never even got a nibble! Now for those of you that know me and know how good of a fisherman I am... i bet your pretty suprised that i didn't reel in a lunker!Believe me, i was too! It was really hard for me to cast so Lacey and I traded turns, but lacey did most of the casting! We tried everything that I had in my tackle box. So a good word of advice is that if you want to go camping and riding four wheelers and see deer and Elk it would be a great place, but don't bring your fishing poles cause you'll just be wasting your bait. Other than the fishing we had a great time! it was so fun to be up in the mountains. As you can see from the pictures we had a little visitor.haha! he ate lacey's peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I wanted to throw a rock at him and scare(kill) him but lacey wouldn't let me cause she was having so much fun watching him licking his fingers and shoving the bread in his mouth! but we think that we should have a family campout there one day cause it would be a great place to camp and ride four wheelers and the guys could go look for elk on the panguitch unit. there is a lot of open area for us to play baseball and just have a whole lot of fun. so lets don't forget about this spot!
Friday, May 9, 2008
Fishing Trip! ah more like a Casting Trip
The other day we went to Yankee Meadows fishing. Yankee Meadows is in between brian head and parowan. It is a beautiful place, but I can't say much about the fishing. The whole day I only saw like 5 fish jump and I never even got a nibble! Now for those of you that know me and know how good of a fisherman I am... i bet your pretty suprised that i didn't reel in a lunker!Believe me, i was too! It was really hard for me to cast so Lacey and I traded turns, but lacey did most of the casting! We tried everything that I had in my tackle box. So a good word of advice is that if you want to go camping and riding four wheelers and see deer and Elk it would be a great place, but don't bring your fishing poles cause you'll just be wasting your bait. Other than the fishing we had a great time! it was so fun to be up in the mountains. As you can see from the pictures we had a little visitor.haha! he ate lacey's peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I wanted to throw a rock at him and scare(kill) him but lacey wouldn't let me cause she was having so much fun watching him licking his fingers and shoving the bread in his mouth! but we think that we should have a family campout there one day cause it would be a great place to camp and ride four wheelers and the guys could go look for elk on the panguitch unit. there is a lot of open area for us to play baseball and just have a whole lot of fun. so lets don't forget about this spot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
yeah, were glad you have a blog! I gets so addicting. Good luck in your new state! Hopefully it will be a fun adventure for you both!
Shara
Sounds like a fun trip. I tried to leave a comment on the last post but it didn't work! I'm glad that you guys have a blog and hopefully you will keep it up so we will know what you guys are up to! Love you guys and hope to see/hear from you soon!
I don't know why you guys didn't catch more fish when you went to a place that has such a good name. How could you go wrong with a name like that. Go Yankees! Love you guys.
-gen
Not surprised one bit about not catching a fish, in fact I don't think I have seen you catch a fish, except that one time when I hooked it and let you reel it in.
Josh
Post a Comment