Friday, October 28, 2011

As of late...

Kambri is now 16 months old and has grown up a ton lately. It's fun to see her get older and learn new things. She is saying phrases like "i lub oo" (I love you) "I see you" "hold you" and 'tank oo' (thank you). Today she grabbed Jordan's phone and held it out in front of her and said 'cheese!'
She'll try to say anything you ask her to say, but my favorite things she says are 'peazz' (please) and "I know"...the way she says them just makes me laugh!
She wakes up in the morning and the first thing she says is "eat" and runs and climbs in her chair.

To describe her personality I would have to say she is one big nut with a little steam and lots of smiles and a big heart! She is usually a pretty happy camper except when she's teething. When she's teething she doesn't sleep good and has meltdowns over the absolute SILLIEST things! (Like me putting her pillow in her pillowcase or the fact that I broke her banana in half and didn't give her the whole thing! :) Talk about a tantrum!! :)
That girl definitely needs her sleep! She will only sleep if she is home in her own bed...I just wish that for once she would fall asleep in my arms at church! (That would be amazing!)

She's got this new thing going on where she thinks that if she closes her eyes she turns 'invisible!' According to my mom, I used to do that when I was little too!
I guess Kambri has a little bit of my shyness in her. The home teachers were at our house the other day and Kambri sat on the floor with her eyes closed. She thought that if she couldn't see them, then they obviously couldn't see her! :)
She thinks I can't see her!



She Loves to Read Books!
She loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and gets into her own little zone when she does!
She has picked up on who all the characters are, and knows all of their names! Thanks to Jessica she has all the little toy figures of the whole gang. She carries them around with her all day. they even get to have a bath with her. and sometimes they even go to bed with her. :)
Whenever she wants a ride on your back she comes up to you and says....'do-ta-do'


Okay shifting gears here...
We went over to our friends Mike and Emily's house and did a little pumpkin carving.
Jordan's is the creepy scarecrow on the right!

Cute little Swayster!


Last weekend we went to a place called Lone Elk Park because Jordan was feeling withdrawals from hunting! He needed to take a break from "Monster Muleys" and "Tinesup" and actually see some 'real' animals!

It was beautiful
They were so close
Lone Elk Park is a wildlife management area, with bison, wild turkey, waterfowl, elk and deer. They have a lake that you can fish in and pavilions where you can have picnics.
By Kambri's face she must have been in awe of all the elk!

We were not alone!

This morning we tried Kambri's costume on and she suddenly transformed into a puppy!
She grabbed some cheerios and threw them on the ground and and got on all 4's and began eating them with her mouth! :)
Later that night we went to our wards trunk-or-treat...I didn't get a lot of pictures but it was fun.


Oh p.s..... Right now as we speak fireworks are going off outside of my apartment and St. Louis is going crazy because the Cardinals just won the World Series! I can't believe how crazy this town is about baseball....it's not nicknamed "Cardinal Nation" for nothing! It's so fun though..I love the atmosphere! I wore my Cardinals shirt to the grocery store the other day and I fit right in because all the checkers and almost all the customers were sportin' their Cardinal's gear too! :)

1 comment:

Heather.H said...

Oh my goodness guys! Kambri is so adorable and it looks like you guys are having so much fun. We love the updates of your adventure!