Thursday, September 15, 2011

Utah...you will be missed! Part 1

Jordan had a 3 week break from school and so we decided to make the drive back to Utah to be with our families and have some fun! We started our vacation on Thursday, August 18th at about noon, right after Jordan took his last final, and we made it to Utah at about 7:30 a.m. the next morning!

Kambri did excellent, she seriously amazed us all, she just sat there and looked out the window the whole time. She did get car sick in Colorado and threw up but after she threw up it must have made her feel better because I cleaned her up and she went right to sleep for the rest of the trip.

We drove straight through the night in order to make it to Jordan's grandpa's funeral that Friday morning! It was a really good funeral and it was really good to see all the family again. Later that night we went to the reservoir in Delta and enjoyed the wonderful dry heat weather that we forgot existed!
The Mecham Family

Kambri had fun watching this kitty
Jordan's battle wound! I guess Jordan and his Dad had a fight on the tubes! ;)
I didn't know putting a straw in and out of a cup would be so entertaining
Here is Taylee, Lawson and McKendry! Kambri and Lawson are only 3 months apart! It's fun that she has so many close cousins!

 
On Sunday we drove down to Cedar to see my family and meet our new nephew Boston that we hadn't met yet!
Jordan and cute little Boston
We spent a lot of time hanging out with all of our old buddies (our nieces and nephews), we have a lot of fun with them. Jordan spent a lot of nights staying up playing video games and night games with all the kids and neighborhood kids!

Here's some pictures of our nieces and nephews

My sister Julie and niece Tylie



Kambri spent a lot of time playing in my mom's backyard. That is definitely one thing that I don't like about living in an apartment, in an apartment you have to plan a trip to play outside! So Kambri was in heaven at my mom's house, she played, played and played! The first thing she wanted to do every morning was go outside and play, she only went inside to eat and take naps then went right back outside!

From the laughs Kambri got when she did this, she thought she was pretty hilarious!


Kambri had so much fun playing with her cousins, these two are only 5 months apart and it was fun to have them be old enough that they could play together!
 Definitely cousins...these two are both super shy until they get to know you....I love how they both have that shy look in their eyes...

Kylee and Tylie
Kambri had fun in the rain! She was having the time of her life! She thought it was the coolest thing to be outside while it was raining!

It's crazy to me that she is old enough to ride this horse...she can really get it rockin'....she's growing up way too fast!
Kambri, Jaden, and Brycen riding around my mom's yard one night...I went to get Kambri off but she wouldn't come to me, she wanted to stay on...she loves four-wheelers!

It was really fun to be back in Utah and enjoy the simple things that I miss, like feeling the fresh air come through the windows in the morning and having the beautiful mountains so close. I guess I just appreciate Utah a lot more now.  We had a lot of fun spending time with our families and tried to do everything we could in the 3 weeks we were there.

We went camping 3 times, we got to go to 2 baby blessing, a cousins wedding, a grandpas funeral, a nieces birthday party, I got to watch Jordan play on his old softball team, Jordan played in a softball tournament, Jordan had 2 root canals, Jordan went hunting, we roasted marshmallows in my mom's backyard, we had a BBQ with Jordan's sister and I took lots of pictures and so there will be a second part to this post coming soon...

2 comments:

Tara Johnson said...

You are quite the little blogger and photographer! Looks like you had a blast! Glad the drive went well. I always dread having to do that.

C said...

I love your pictures! How do you make your blog so cute??!