Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Red, White, & Blue Day!

We started our celebration on Saturday by going to the parade right in downtown St. Louis. It was really neat to have the arch right next to us and the Busch stadium right in front of us. The only problem was, it was really hot that day, like EXTREMELY hot, like 100+humidity hot, with no breeze hot! But we all survived and enjoyed getting sprayed with the fire hoses!
The Richter Family at the parade

Enjoying the parade with her apple....that she wouldn't let go of!


Kambri was so excited to see Mickey!

Sway sportin' his beads!
They gave out a lot of things at this parade.....toothbrushes, flags, bead necklaces, baseballs, sunscreen, and lots and lots of candy!
Lightening bug!

I love fireflies....just thought I'd throw that out there!!
I even caught one last week....I soon realized I didn't like them close up, they are kind of creepy!
I just like them when they make the night sky glitter! :)


Okay back to the 4th weekend :)
They had a lot of these floating balloons in the parade, which is a lot different than small town parades.  I'm used to seeing old guys riding tractors, little league all-stars standing in the back of trucks screaming and little kids riding down the street with their bikes decorated.

After the parade we went swimming to cool off because IT WAS SO HOT! I don't know if I mentioned that already! ;)


On the 4th we went over to our friends house and had a BBQ, then went over to the mall and watched the fireworks!
Walking to the mall to watch the fireworks

That dang flash , I couldn't get one picture with her eyes open! ;)


This is a random shot but here is Amanda, Kambri, Krew and Sway!
They had a lot of things to do at the mall, they had bounce houses and a band playing and they had a good fireworks show too!

Good bye 4th of July...see you next year!

No comments: