Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Missing since August! but it's over and he's back!! and here is the story!!!


Well as you can see Jordan got himself a deer! I don't really know the story behind it, so I'll leave that up to him to tell....but here is the picture for now!
Well anyways... I know that the story is long over due so here it is. I killed him opening day in the afternoon. He had been seen with 3 other bucks that were monsters a few days before the hunt, but for some reason he wasn't running with them opening morning. We were walking through some willows when he jumped up 20 yards from me. I was with my dad and the only thing we saw were his antlers going through the willows. I didn't know how big he was, but I could tell he was a four point on one side. As he was running I asked my dad what we should do and he told me to shoot!! I waited for him to come through a clearing and as he did I let a shot fly. Luckily I hit him in the lungs and he dropped in his tracks. I was pretty excited! I was hoping that he was going to be the monster but he wasn't which is OK because now the monster will be even bigger next year!! And I am happy with him. It was fun to be hunting with my dad. He was pretty excited also. I always have a blast hunting with my dad. It is kinda funny hunting with him now because I can out hike him, but when i was a little younger I could never keep up with him. Next year I will have to kill a big one and not pass on a monster again like i did during the muzzle loader hunt. I guess I get so excited to kill a monster that every time i see a big one i don't think he is big enough. So next year I need someone to be with me to talk some sense into me....back to the story...
We could have driven the four wheeler right next to him but uncle Stewart told us that we couldn't.We ended up dragging him for a long ways until we got to the place where Stewart said that we could get the four wheeler to. After having walked back to the truck to get the four wheeler and then driving it back I realized that there was a clear trail all the way to the deer! My dad and I were cussing stewy!! Not really cussing him, but just thinking of how big of a bonehead he was.
And yes it is true that i have been gone since august!!(I was better this year than last year cause i didn't draw out!) Hunting is just an obsession that will never go away. It is just a part of me that will never die until I die. hahaha. Lacey is pretty amazing. She is really patient with me and is really understanding!!(most times!! haha) I am really blessed to have her as my best friend. I am doing her hunter safety for her so she can kill a big buck and well if she doesn't want to kill one I guess that just means that I will have two tags!! ahhaha.
p.s. someone stole my horns so if you see them in cedar some where let me know. I don't know why they were taken because he really isn't that big.

2 comments:

Cory and Katie said...

Hey Lacey glad to hear your man got his deer, sorry he's had to take mine out so much...see you at the party!!!

Danon & Bree said...

Lacey.. thanks for giving my blog a face lift! I love it! Thanks for trying to help mw figure out the glitches! Your the best! Thanks a million!