Tuesday, July 9, 2013

New Car

So once upon a time we came back home from visiting family in Utah.
Everything in our apartment seemed to be in place...
Our car seemed the same
...except it had a horrible smell...
I blamed it on Jordan because he left all his stinky gym clothes in the car!
I went and bought air fresheners asap!

It wasn't until our 3rd day home when I was taking Jordan to school
Kambri threw up 3 times all over everywhere in our car!


So our plans changed and we finished dropping Jordan off at school and I came home! 
I immediately started cleaning up the mess!
I brought her car seat in and started washing it, 
I went back outside to start cleaning up the throw up!
I lifted the mats.....
and saw the most horrible thing you could possibly see.......
BLACK MOLD!!!!

I kind of freaked out...
but thought all it would need was some good mold killer and a deep shampoo!

We immediately took our car to get looked at and fixed.
In the mean time our good friends let us borrow their car.
So many people kept telling us that mold can just keep coming back
if just one spore doesn't get killed!
So Jordan started looking at new cars...
I really loved our Honda and just wanted to keep it despite what everyone was saying.
But Jordan told me to pray about it and so I did...
We both felt really good about getting a new car.

After looking and looking at cars..
Jordan decided on a car...and started trying to get the best deal he could get.
He is really good at haggling with salesman!

Despite our car having mold,
the dealership still allowed us to use our Honda Civic as a trade in.
Our Honda was in super good condition except for the whole mold issue!

We finally found the one...and we were about to sign the papers and..
I freaked out a bit!
(We paid off our brand new 2008 Honda civic in less then 2 years..
and so we haven't had a car payment in a long time!)
Jordan tried to calm me down and tell me that we're already going to be hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt, why not add a few more thousand! :)
It actually worked.. I guess why not add a few more thousand, right?! ;) j/k

But we ended up getting a smokin' deal and bought a new Kia Optima!!

Finally, three weeks after we took our moldy car in....
and $2,000 later...our Honda was finished!!
They ended up tearing up all the carpet and replacing it....and cleaning everything up!
Thankfully for us, our insurance covered everything but $500! (phew)

I guess when Jordan's friend drove him to the airport in our car..
he had the windows down and he must have not rolled them all the way back up..
leaving a tiny crack!
The floors in our car were soaking wet and...
it rained a ton and was really hot, and humid here.
Perfect conditions for mold!
Also, we're thinking that is why it smelled so bad! ;)
It is also why Kambri threw up!


But that mess is over and done with and so we say goodbye to this car....
I have an emotional connection to this car! :) It was hard to give it up!

and we say hello to this car...

So far it has been a really nice car for us!




No comments: