I woke up at 5:30 in the morning on June 25th with what felt like minor pain/cramping, and I was hoping that it was the beginning of labor. The cramping gradually got more uncomfortable and I wasn’t able to sleep, so I got up and began walking around and going to the bathroom every 5 seconds. Then at about 6:30 the pain turned into contractions. I remember thinking wow contractions REALLY do hurt!! They started off not really being super close, but then very, very quickly got closer and closer until they were like 5 minutes apart. However, the contractions were kind of unpredictable and so I was kind of thinking that maybe it was just false labor. I had read something somewhere that said that inconsistent contractions was one of the signs of false labor. This made me kind of upset because the whole time I was having contractions, I kept thinking this better be the real thing because I don’t want to know what it feels like if it’s not!
The whole time that I was walking through the contractions, Jordan was dead asleep in bed not realizing what was going on. I kept talking to him but he just mumbled stuff back to me. (He’s a deep sleeper and is extremely unconscious during the night) The contractions very quickly became extremely painful and I couldn’t even walk myself through them, and so at about 8:30 Jordan finally woke up and realized what was going on, and he literally rushed me to the hospital and we got checked in. As we were checking in I started having another contraction and the ladies were trying to talk to me, but I couldn’t talk and so they just sat there and looked at me like I was crazy! The first thing the nurse asked me was if I wanted an epidural and I was like, YES! I got into my gown and she checked me to see how far along I was, and I was hoping that I was dilating and so I wouldn't have to have a long labor. The nurse was like you are 8 cm dilated, 100% effaced! I couldn't believe it, only 2 cm to go! The anesthesiologist dropped all his other patients to come give me my epidural, which was so amazing!! I kept thanking him and saying I love epidurals! :) If I would have been thinking clearly, I probably wouldn't have had the epidural and just hurried up and had Kambri. But in that moment of PAIN the only thing I could think about was the epidural! :) About an hour later Dr. Sanders came and broke my water. He was standing in front of me and was like, wait a minute, when he realized that I had a high level of amniotic fluid. Jordan said it looked like a gallon of water came gushing out! It was weird to feel my stomach without all the fluid. Another hour went by and the nurses gave me the go ahead to push and it took a minute to get the hang of it because the epidural numbed me so much that I couldn’t tell what muscles to use to push! But once I figured out how to push everything went really good. After a few pushes Jordan was like I can see her hair, it made us all teary eyed! As I kept pushing I finally arrived to the point where the doctor could come and deliver the baby. After that, it was like a half an hour before Dr. Sanders came back in and I pushed like two more times and little Kambri was here! Jordan cut her cord, and then the doctor laid her on my chest. I couldn’t believe that she was finally here, and that she was our little girl, it was the most amazing experience ever!!
![]() |
| 7 lbs. 8 oz. 20 inches long |
| ||
![]() |






3 comments:
Congratulations again! It was fun to see you guys, she's adorable!
It's fun to read your story. That is amazing that you were 8 cm when you checked in!! I bet you were SO happy. It sounds like everything went just perfect. I loved my epidural too....sooooo nice! Little Kambri is cute!
Promise I am still DYING over that story. You are seriously TOUGH. Jordan should be very proud. Mark and I laughed about it like the whole way home the other night. Crazy story.
Post a Comment