I don't know how many of you know this, but exactly ten years ago today my Dad passed away--I was just 13 years old! It was pretty sad and as a 13 year old I didn't think life would go on, but i guess I am here now so it must have!! He was pretty sick nearly all of his life. We thought getting a liver transplant would make things better and so when he was just about to get one they found out he had Leukemia. The doctors gave him only 2 weeks to live and so we knew time was short and he ended up passing away February 2, 1999. I am so thankful that FAMILIES ARE FOREVER and I know that we will be together again!
Jeremy and Dad
Dad and Tyler
Counselors in the bishopric --these are some really good men--Bishop Carpenter, Shurtz, and Searle were 3 of my bishops growing up!
Dad and Julie at a Hawaii Luau--my dad was an expert at these parties, he served his mission on the islands of Samoa
Bro Searle, Dad, Bro Shurtz
Haha this is a classic picture!! My Dad was such a good sport--he actually let me torture him like this! I don't even know why i thought it was so funny but i got a big kick out of doing this! :)

Jeremy and Dad
Dad and Tyler
Counselors in the bishopric --these are some really good men--Bishop Carpenter, Shurtz, and Searle were 3 of my bishops growing up!
Dad and Julie at a Hawaii Luau--my dad was an expert at these parties, he served his mission on the islands of Samoa
Bro Searle, Dad, Bro Shurtz
Haha this is a classic picture!! My Dad was such a good sport--he actually let me torture him like this! I don't even know why i thought it was so funny but i got a big kick out of doing this! :)



Danon and Dad
Grandpa! with Jaden and Taylor--Just a couple days before he passed away!
4 comments:
Lacey what a rough day. I hope your family is making it through it okay and I am so thankful for the plan of salvation and the chance we have to be with our families forever! I am really thankful to have you in our family and for the great wife that you are for Jordan!
I know I was really young to when your Dad passed away but I remember what a nice good person he was. If I am remembering right he always bought you a candy bar on his way home from work. What an awesome Dad!
Those were cute pictures and I am sure you have a lot of good memories with him, I dont think I remember him but I remember when it happened. I am sure that he was an amazing person, just like you!
Lacey.. what a neat tribute to your dad! I love it how you guys always talk about him and share stories about him! From what I've learned and heard from others he was absoutley amazing! Danon told me that he would always go to church even though he felt so sick. That has always stuck with me and I always think about that when I want to leave early or skip church! I haven't met him but I am so thankful for him! What awesome children he has! I know he looking down and is so proud of you and the decisions you have made!!
Post a Comment