Outside the Chicago Temple--we thought it was pretty cool looking..
Our lovely buses windshield
I guess if you know Jordan--you know he love his NIGHTLY ice cream..This week was a really fun weekend for us! Taking a day off of work is always a fun thing! ha Especially when you are going to the temple that day. It was pretty fun to be where Micheal Jordan aka (the greatest to ever play!) played most of his career ha ha.(I am a Utah fan all the way but Micheal is still my favorite.) As you can see in one of the pictures we drove right next to the White Sox's stadium as they were playing. The temple is a little bit different than any other that we have seen or been through. It is amazing. It really is one of the best places on earth! We went on a bus that the Stake had provided. It was nice cause we were able to meet a lot of members that we saw on Sunday but weren't able to talk to very much. They are extremely nice people. It took us about three hours to get there. Lacey and I thought that it was just an up and back trip, but they had planned other wise. We left at 10:30 a.m and arrived back in Fort Wayne at 2:00 a.m. As we were leaving Chicago, our bus was hit with a big rock somebody threw. It hit the front windshield and pieces of glass went flying and some actually went into some ladies arm and cut them pretty bad...luckily we were a little further back on the bus and only heard the loud shatter. But as you see on the last picture Lacey and I are suckers for ice cream! ha we had a large frosty before we left and then when the bus stopped again we ate a hot fudge Sunday from McDonald's. But all in all, it was a fun new experience!!
We are both pretty excited to come back to good ol' Utah. We like fort Wayne quite a bit and we have learned a lot here that is going to benefit us forever! We are both ready to get away from the humidity that smothers us every time we step outside. Anyways until next time Bye! And Shane congrats on the HOLE IN ONE!!!!

2 comments:
I am so jealous you guys went to Chicago! What a fun experience! Well I ordered your mom's drywall for her house today so hopefully we can get things going! Anyways before you know it you'll be home! Lacey I need some help with my blog.. I'm stuck and can't add anymore page elements to it! It won't even let me add text or another picture. I swear I can't figure this thing out! Anyways have fun crocheting! We'll talk to you soon!
What a fun but long trip! Too bad about the bus window that would have been really scary if you were sitting close and how rude for someone to throw that rock, it could have been really bad. Jordan I am a sucker for ice cream as well, maybe it runs in the family! July is almost over so not too long before you are back in Utah!! That will be great and maybe we can really do that bowling date night we have talked about since Christmas...Well keep up the posting we love to see pictures of you guys and to see how you are doing.
Post a Comment